[csw-devel] psuedo sketch of web and mantis automation

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 30 02:58:17 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Fri Aug 19 21:30:46 -0400 2011:
> Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Fri Aug 19 07:34:55 -0400 2011:
>
> > 1. Both pkgname and catalogname change, e.g. CSWfoodev/foodev →
> > CSWfoo-dev/foo_dev
> > 2. Only the catalogname changes (CSWfoo-dev/foodev → >
> > CSWfoo-dev/foo_dev)
>
> As far as the catalog diff engine is concerned, both of these are the
> same.  They'll appear as the drop of one package and the addition of a
> new one.  The special case of _stub packages is handled in the pseudo
> code.  The general case would require doing a reverse index of package
> names.  The _stub handling rename detection could be extended to:

I've already written tests that catch the first one case as an error,
but I think the second should be too.  Although it's less harmful to
the users, a catalog name change should be banned unless it's an
explicit action (done with a manual script/tool instead of via
automation).

Agreed?

Thanks
-Ben