[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: opencsw:[398] catalog_signatures/catalog_gpg

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 22 00:06:12 CEST 2011

Em 21/07/2011 15:08, "Ben Walton" <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:

> Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Thu Jul 21 09:52:22 -0400
2011:

> > > +class GPGDaemon < WEBrick::HTTPServlet::AbstractServlet
> > > +  VALID_TREES = %w(unstable current)
> > > +  VALID_ARCHES = %w(i386 sparc)
> > > +  VALID_RELEASE = %w(5.9 5.10 5.11)
>
> For my purposes, I can discern them from the file system...I
> considered that but erred toward hard coding for now.
>
> Thoughts?

We need to arrange a place in the source code tree where we would keep
shared data in a portable format. Ideally, something that can be processed
in shell as well as in higher level languages. I was thinking about
gar/v2/etc or gar/v2/share (if it exists) as the place for these data. We
would also need to think where to put these files in the filesystem
hierarchy when creating packages with gar and friends. For this purpose, I
would suggest /opt/csw/share/opencsw. For the file format, I have 2
alternative ideas:

1. Keep the data in a simple text format so that it is easy to read the
right bit of data in shell
2. Keep the data in json and provide a shell utility that prints the
requested piece of data to stdout.

Does any of that sound good?

Maciej