[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[16724] csw/mgar/pkg/lang-java/389-admin-console/trunk/ Makefile

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 17 22:59:26 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 11:57:19AM +0000, cgrzemba at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> +CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSW389-admin-console += unidentified-dependency|CSW389-admin

This is a risky override. If you make a mistake during the upload step,
you can put the catalog in a broken state. I think I know why you added
the override: you were building CSW389-admin in another build recipe, so
they weren't built together. You probably intended to upload it together
with CSW389-admin-console. But there are better ways of doing this which
don't risk breaking the catalog. For example, you can build a dummy
package in the CSW389-admin-console recipe, or simply let checkpkg fail
the check at the package build stage. If this was the only error shown,
you know that it will go away when you upload the right set of packages,
so you can upload safely.

Maciej