[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[21544] csw/mgar/pkg/tiff/trunk

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 23 19:32:38 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-23 5:09 PM, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> lblume at users.sourceforge.net writes:
>
>> +GARCOMPILER = GCC4
>
> saying GARCOMPILER = GNU is just more generic

Fair enough. To be honest, I don't quite understand the rationale behind
it. In fact, I'm becoming convinced a generic compiler choice is just
not what I want.
A decent default (when no GARCOMPILER is given) is good, but when I set
one, I want to know exactly which one I meant and tested, without having
to remember 2 years from now what the generic was at the time. And when
GCC5 becomes the default anyway, every recipe with GNU in it will have
to be carefully reviewd, and packages rebuilt when ABI are incompatible.
So why bother?

>> +CONFIGURE_ARGS += --enable-maintainer-mode
>
> why do you enable that?

Because it seems fitting, as I'm maintaining the package :-)
I've not checked in details what it does, but it's in the howto-release,
it doesn't break anything, so looks good to me.

Laurent