[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[20987] csw/mgar/pkg

Ralph Boehme sloowfranklin at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:34:31 CEST 2013

Hi

Am 06.05.2013 um 11:05 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:

> 2013/5/6 Ralph Boehme <sloowfranklin at gmail.com>
>> So in essence, new packages should not be using opencsw X11 stuff from /opt/csw/x11 ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> But then how do I tackle this:
>> - the package needs xproto
>> - the package consumes several other libs via pkg-config
>>
>> Should I add the system pkg-config path to EXTRA_PKG_CONFIG_DIRS? i.e.
>>
>> Makefile:EXTRA_PKG_CONFIG_DIRS = /usr/share/pkgconfig
>>
>> Depending on the precedence ordering this may result in pkg-config preferring packages from the system over the opencsw packages.
>
> Maybe we just need to remove all unwanted OpenCSW X11 libraries from the build hosts, and then your build will pick up the right libraries where possible.

xproto is a hard dependency, so I have to either pick ours or the system one. But if we remove ours, in order for the package to pick up the system one I'd have to add the system pkg-config path to the search path of the opencsw pkg-config.

Otoh, xproto is only a dependency of an optional feature of the dconf package (the dconf-editor), I can of course simply configure --disable-editor and the problem is gone.

--slow