[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[21040] csw/mgar/pkg/lang-python/pyqt/trunk/Makefile

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat May 11 11:38:09 CEST 2013

Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> We don't currently have filesystem layout checks in place. If we had,
> this kind of check would fire too.
>
> Checks need some sort of algorithmic formula. We would need to define
> what are good paths for files. For example, good paths would be:
>
> /opt/csw/bin/foo
> /opt/csw/bin/sparcv9/foo
> /opt/csw/libexec/projname/bar
> /opt/csw/projname/share/doc/README
> /opt/csw/lib/projname/bar
>
> Bad paths:
>
> /usr/bin/foo
> /opt/csw/bin/wibble/baz
> /opt/csw/wibble/baz
> /opt/csw/projname/wibble/baz
>
> Debatable:
>
> /opt/csw/projname/lib/libfoo.so.1
>
> (Because shared libraries usually don't need to be isolated thanks to
> the soname mechanism.)
>
> Should we implement a check like that?

Yes. Look at what happens with the Qt packages. The current mess is
coming from having moved the tree from a "good" root, "/opt/csw/gxx", to the
"true" root "/opt/csw". In my oppinion, we should catch everything
outside a known/correct set of directories at leas at the first level
and maybe at other levels too.

I agree that there is no Turing machine for that, using some heuristics
can be feed to one...

Here is an initial set, the 1st level:

apache2
bdb33
bdb4
bdb42
bdb44
bdb47
bdb48
bin
doc
etc
gcc4
gnu
i386-pc-solaris2.10
include
info
lib
libexec
link
man
mkspecs
php5
sbin
share
ssl
var
X11

Loogin at this set, collected from one of my private servers, makes me
wonder about the high number and strange vriety of directories at this
level: apache2?, bbdbxxx??, gcc4?, php5?, ssl? Wow!

Compare this to a Debian root:

bin
boot
dev