[csw-maintainers] mGAR: UNCOMMITED in PSTAMP field?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 1 16:48:12 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Am 01.12.2008 um 16:35 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> when using mGAR, what's the magic procedure to make the "UNCOMMITED"
> in
> the package PSTAMP field go away?

'svn status' must not show anything. That means you must add
and commit all files to be in the repository and ignore or remove
all the rest. The idea is to show that there may be stuff which
avoids reproducing the package by checking out the indicated
revision.

> Even when i commit all my package files, then checkout a pristine
> working copy and rebuild the package, the UNCOMMITED doesn't go away.
>
> 1) svn co https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/synergy
> 2) cd synergy/trunk
> 3) gmake package
> 4) pkginfo has
>   PSTAMP:  skayser at build8x-r2401UNCOMMITTED-20081201153621
>
> When i try to follow what is going on inside gar/gar.pkg.mk i see
>
>    # Case 3+4: The directory belongs to a repository
>    ifneq ($(shell $(SVN) status 2>/dev/null),)
>      # Case 3: Not everything was committed properly
>      _SVN_UNCOMMITTED = UNCOMMITTED
>    endif
>
> And doing the "svn status" manually i get:
>
> ~/mgar/synergy/trunk$ svn status
> X      gar
>
> Performing status on external item at 'gar'
> ~/mgar/synergy/trunk$
>
> Do i have to do things differently?

No. This is an error made by me during the transition to mGAR.
The external reference should be ignored. However, just adding
--ignore-externals doesn't fix this. I'll look into this.
Thanks for pointing this out.

PS: I still have your list of questions here, I'll answer them
soon.