[csw-maintainers] mGAR: UNCOMMITED in PSTAMP field?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Dec 1 19:16:44 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 07:09:19PM +0100, Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > Seems appropriate for another little nudge for, "Hey, it would be really
> > nice to have some kind of CSW wrapper that does all the svn stuff for you,
> > rather than having to manually track that stuff down, and manually check it
> > in blah blah..."
>
> It is rather simple, but what i did to save me the "manually track that
> stuff down" part is a small bash function
>
> function mgar-get {
>     svn co https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/$1
> }
>
> that i can call to check out a given package. This way i don't have to
> remember the SVN URL.

It's nice that you did that for you. but its kind of silly that all
maintainers have to do that individually, isnt it?
my point is that it would be more efficient, and nice to our maintainers,
if we had some pre-written utils like that, as part of our cswutils
package. (Until such time as we get some kind of standalone
  gar-for-csw package)

(Wanna write some, Sebastian? :-)