[csw-maintainers] Addition to pkginfo for repository path

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 3 16:53:49 CET 2008

Hi Phil,

Am 03.12.2008 um 15:51 schrieb Philip Brown:
> useful for what additional purpose?

To make clear from what location in the repository the
package was built.

> seems to me that we already potentially have this information now,
> with the
> combination of:
>
> 1. modular gar, now makes it easy to automatically determine where
>   in the tree a package comes from:
>
>   (csw/mgar/pkg/{softwarename})

Partly. The location is
   csw/mgar/pkg/(cpan/|xfce/)?(trunk|tags/<tag>|branches/<branch})

> 2. the PSTAMP is supposed to automatically get the version
> information now
>  already.

The revision, yes, but not the path.

> So, this "additional information" field, would seem to me to be
> redundant
> information?

As you see it is not. We may take out the revision from the PSTAMP
and include CSW_REPOSITORY as it is a superset.