[csw-maintainers] GAR on buildfarm?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 3 22:46:37 CET 2008

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:40:52PM +0000, Ian Dickinson wrote:
>> I've been quiet for a while but now I'm about to wake up again :-)
>>
>> First thing I'd like to do is get my existing packages sorted out and into
>> GAR.  I assume the Getting Started with GAR doc is accurate, but I'll need to
>> do this on a build farm somewhere - is this normal/allowed/whatever?
>
> not really "needed"... you can "work on gar" from anywhere.
> it's hosted at sourceforge, after all

I did kind of both. I first got myself aquainted with mGAR on the build
farm (all the required applications are already in place and have the
proper paths) and then setup a local build environment. I still use the
build farm for the final package build, though.

The Getting Started Guide is what i used for setting up my local
environment. To get used to mGAR i pulled bits of information from "The
GAR Tutorial" and "Packaging with mGAR" mostly.

Sebastian