[csw-maintainers] old blastwave home dirs

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 4 23:20:15 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:59:07PM +0000, Ian Dickinson wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > I'd say, after all Dennis's public slander about us "stealing" stuff, you
> > should ask him for it. and if he refuses, publically call him out about him
> > "stealing" stuff that is rightfully YOUR property.
> >
> > Even if he claims he has deleted it(which I doubt), he still has backups.
>
> When I asked him for this (access, or a tarball), I got no response, yet he's
> still listing me as a maintainer.
>
> Don't get your hopes up. :-(

post it on the opensolaris mailing list and mention how long it has been
since you didnt get a response from him to his direct email.
(presumably a reasonable period to wait is 3 days)

betcha that will get a response.

and/or corner him on the #blastwave irc channel on freenode.net and keep a
chat log of your request. then post it publically if he doesnt comply
within a few days.

And then again, perhaps Dennis will "find out" about this, since we're
discussing it here, and decide to be more reasonable, proactively.

A reminder: Dennis does not "own" **ONE THING** that maintainers did, while
they were doing things "on blastwave".
A person's work -- their "intellectual property".... is *theirs*, unless
they sign away their work, or there is an implicit contract of
"work for hire".

Dennis never paid anyone 1 cent for what they did. Therefore, there was no
"hire" being done. Therefore, so-called "blastwave" packages, and any
related scripts and documentation, remain the intellectual property of the
individual maintainer.