[csw-maintainers] /testing clamav 0.94.2

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 11 16:58:00 CET 2008

This package by Alex Moore was getting quite old
(0.92.1,REV=2008.02.11), especially since it's security related. I use
it myself for MailScanner so I tried to build it. No package has yet
challenged me like this one and poor Dagobert had to suffer from
constant calls for help. :-)

I wanted to do it in GAR which is being upgraded to v2 and I was very
keen on using several of the new features like the easy splitting of
packages. I also wanted it to use CSWcswclassutils for SMF support and
configuration file handling. I could simplify the old preinstall a lot
and completely remove the postinstall thanks to the use of
CSWcswclassutils. The init script for clamd is also redone quite a
lot.

I would like help to test this one since I assume it's relatively
widely used and important to a user. I have done some tests on
sparc/5.9 like running clamscan, starting clamd and running clamdscan,
updating virus signatures with freshclam and so on. What I haven't
tested at all (except for checking with ldd) is the clamav-milter so
if someone can set that up a report would be great. Also test from
i386 and 5.10 (use SMF) if you can. Just install, test what you can,
remove and report back to me even if everything was successful, I need
to hear that too. :-)

Look for clamav and libclamav here: http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/testing.html

By the way, I have updated the wiki page about CSWcswclassutils to
include instructions on how to use it in GAR. Take a look.

--
/peter