[csw-maintainers] Summary of IRL Meeting

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Dec 13 18:08:17 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

Am 13.12.2008 um 15:54 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Now, that I read the bylaws and have seen the photos, I'm still
> waiting for the above mentioned email.

Fist take my apologies that the email has not beed sent out yet.
For a smooth membership invitation there need to be some changes
to the mailinglists and aliases. It was a real busy week for Ihsan
and he just hasn't time to do so. When this is finished hopefully
this weekend the email will go out.

>  Or, maybe I'm no more a maintainer? Let me know.

Of course you are :-)

> BTW, I don't see any mention of what was decided on the many points
> collected for discussion at http://wiki.opencsw.org/irl-meeting

There are two reasons for this: One was lack of time as we
felt it was more important to focus on a unified understanding
of what the association should look like. The other was that it
was not intended to decide on these things as the founding
members don't "just decide" and that's it - the outcoming
of these things will be after a hopefully lively discussions
on the members list after all of you have been invited.
The goal of the meeting was not the participants to become
a new ruling class, but to open up for a more democratic
process focused on the needs of active maintainers.