[csw-maintainers] ruby help

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 15 04:10:42 CET 2008

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Dec 14 21:53:57 -0500 2008:
> Did you ever confirm whether this was just a *DOCUMENTATION* difference, or
> whether the actual functionality was different, between sparc and x86?
> I dont remember you replying on that.

Well, as far as I've determined, the actual ruby package (and tcl/tk,
but I don't play with that) is the same.  The documentation
differences are in extra files generated by rdoc from the source files
(which would indicate extra/different info collected/collated).  So
supposedly, the input is identical, but the output differs.

I've run a diff across the files generated on both architectures to
verify that the files installed (where not binary) are identical.  As
best as I can tell, the _behaviour_ of rdoc differs on the two
platforms, which to me indicates some odd little bug somewhere deep in
the guts of it all (maybe in the rb_string or rb_hash somewhere?)...

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.