[csw-maintainers] /testing BIND 9.5.0-P2

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 17 18:41:49 CET 2008

I have built the latest BIND complete with SMF support via
cswclassutils. I have also used GAR v2 to easily split the package
into smaller parts. All this was requested by users but it was hard
work before tools like cswclassutils and GAR v2 made it easy.

BIND is now split like this:

    * bind - top level package containing server bits and docs
    * libbind - shared libs that all other bind packages need
    * bind_utils - the user binaries (dig, host, …)
    * bind_devel - the stuff most people don't use :-)

If you install bind you will get bind, libbind and bind_utils. If you
install libbind you will just get libbind (and it's other deps of
course). If you install bind_utils you will get bind_utils and
libbind. Bind_devel will pull in all other bind packages.

I have done some tests on i386/5.10 with SMF and it works as expected.
Would be very bad if it was broken in any way though so please help
test it and report back whether it works or not.

--
/peter