[csw-maintainers] docbook, dependencies, what do we want...?

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 23 00:56:16 CET 2008

2008/12/22 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>

> Hi All,

Hi Ben

I've ported Docbook to Solaris before, and getting the toolchain up and
running is a pig, so well done for volunteering to look at this. I'd go for
the lowest maintenance option that delivers a working package. Given the
'fire and forget' principles of opencsw I'd suggest you take the 'it just
works' option of dbsgmltoolbox
<http://freshmeat.net/projects/dbsgmltoolbox/>failing that, go with with the
openjade dependency. I don't like the 'register if it is there' option, it
will give variable results based on what else is installed already, which I
don't like.

Just my 2p

Gary

--