[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 11 19:57:45 CET 2008

Hi Alessio,

Am 11.11.2008 um 19:51 schrieb Alessio:
> Philip Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 07:33:13PM +0100, Alessio wrote:
>>
>>> I thought that you only packaged for blastwave.org now?
>>> the only package i released recently in the blastwave catalog is
>>> seamonkey, and i've not yet released it on csw because i still
>>> have to
>>> learn gar.
>>
>> "have to" is rather an overstatement. There is still no requirement
>> to put
>> things in gar, before putting a package in newpkgs here.
>
> i thought GAR was the standard adopted for opencsw... does this mean
> we
> can still package the old way and continue to ignore gar?

At this moment it is possible to deliver packages which have
no build description in GAR, yes. I am in favor of changing this
when we have a usable documentation for GAR which we don't have
yet. I have converted some documentation at
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=Main_Page>
but especially the tutorial is not finished, the new features
are not document and there is no reference section.
But yes, as of today you can submit packages built with everything
you want.