[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 13 17:49:59 CET 2008

Hi Trygve,

Am 12.11.2008 um 14:10 schrieb Trygve Laugstøl:
> As a group of volunteers you really don't have the right to tell
> people
> what they should work on. Peter and everyone else has their own
> right to
> work on what they feel like. So do you, and if you feel that the
> packages you mention should be updated, you should feel free to do so.

Of course you are free to work on the projects you like. However,
when you release a package, you have the responsibility to
update it regularly and fix bugs as they are reported. Having
major bugs open for a year or more is simply unacceptable.
I am working on a webpage to make this more transparent
and to make sure that critical bugs are cared for. The tool is
not ready yet, but I'll hope to publish something useful
before Zurich so we know where we stand.