[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 13 20:26:08 CET 2008

Hi William,

Am 13.11.2008 um 18:06 schrieb William Bonnet:
>> Of course you are free to work on the projects you like. However,
>> when you release a package, you have the responsibility to
>> update it regularly and fix bugs as they are reported. Having
>> major bugs open for a year or more is simply unacceptable.
>> I am working on a webpage to make this more transparent
>> and to make sure that critical bugs are cared for. The tool is
>> not ready yet, but I'll hope to publish something useful
>> before Zurich so we know where we stand.
>>

> Would it be possible to receive again the mails with the list of
> openbugs ?

Do you mean when a new bug is entered? Don't know. Phil?

> Once FF3 is built, I would like to work on an automated procedure that
> would notify maintainers of updates (ie : I would receive an email
> notifying me that FF 2.0.0.17 is no longer the latest available,
> 2.0.0.18 is available). I talked about this with Yann a few monthes
> ago.
> It seems something exists in GAR but i never managed to get it
> working.
>
> If you work on ths please let me know, maybe we can effort on this.

I am thinking of tailoring UFILES_REGEX (the GAR update mechanism)
to Mantis to automatically generate an UPDATE request for that
package which then gets mailed to the maintainer via Mantis.
That way  it is clearly visible through bug workflow tools what needs
to be done.