[csw-maintainers] Class Action Scripts package described on the wiki

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 14 23:48:37 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:29:13PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> I have written some about how to support SMF in your packages by using
> our CSWcswclassutils package that contains class action scripts. It's
> real easy to add support for SMF in your new and existing packages and
> it only takes about a minute.
>
> Read more here: http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils

Thanks for writing web docs for it. I've made a link to that page from
our main smf page.

As a reminder to folks: there are TWO big gain from using SMF support from
CSWcswclassutils:

1. You may be able to eliminate any postinstall/preremove scripts from your
  package

2. If we figure out a way later on, to improve the way we handle SMF;
  you dont have to repackage your package to take advantage of it!
 The cswclassutils package will get updated once, so everyone else
 using it, wont have to repackage as well.