[csw-maintainers] git?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 22 17:06:28 CET 2008

Hi Ben,

Am 21.11.2008 um 18:09 schrieb Ben Walton:
> I notice that there is a GAR build description for git, but there
> doesn't seem to be a released package for it.  Is anyone working on
> this?  If not, I'd be willing to give it a crack.

I did a start at trunk/devel/git. However, you need asciidoc for
that. I packaged 8.2.5 some time ago but the package seems to
have gotten lost during the split. I'll repackage 8.2.7 ASAP
and keep you informed.

If I recall correctly there were dependencies on XML catalogs
which I was unable to fix.

Anyway, feel free to take it over.

> I think my group
> will be standardizing on git in the near future, so having it for our
> solaris boxes in addition to our linux machines would be very helpful.

Best maintainers are the ones who actually use their packages :-)