[csw-maintainers] Server build8s is available again

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 25 20:58:09 CET 2008

On 25/11/08, 15:52:34, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] Server build8s is available again:

> > and migration to the T5220. A notification will be send when
> > the server is up again.

> The server build8s is up and running again. Feel free
> to continue your packaging work.

gmake[3]: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
gmake[3]: Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 1.9e+02 s in the
future

It would be rude not do do a timing test, so I did a test build of
GraphicsMagick-1.3.1:

pandora V240 2 x 1500MHz US3i:

real     7:09.891
user        0.033
sys         0.070

build8s T5220 32 x 1165MHz UltraSPARC T2:

real    11:41.853
user    39:13.994
sys      7:57.193

"gmake -j 32" should test the robustness of the Makefiles although it
appeared not to use that many jobs.  A lot of build time is spent
(needlessly) running ./configure in one-at-a-time mode - do I really
need to discover if f77 takes -g?

James.