[csw-maintainers] RPATH in GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 2 14:22:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

I noticed that some of you are already running ahead working
around the misconceptions of the current build system and
fixing runtime linker pathes superfast. Thanks for your
engagement! However, I think a more general solution in GAR
itself is a more viable solution, both in terms of
standardization and also easier to handle.

The rewritten module for runtime linker pathes is in effect
since r4157/r4158. See
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.conf.mk#L435

for details.

The usage of the rewritten module is documented at
   <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/wiki/RuntimeLinkerPathes>

In the easiest case it should be sufficient to do just a
rebuild and everything should be fine. However, the new
structure gives you fine-grained control of the pathes
to be added.

Feel free to ask if there are any issues.