[csw-maintainers] zlib package in /testing

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 5 11:42:57 CEST 2009

James Lee wrote:
> On 05/04/09, 09:24:18, "Roger Håkansson" <hson at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
> [csw-maintainers] zlib package in /testing:
>
>> I've put a zlib package in /testing which is the same version as the
>> current one, but this is built with gar plus have a 64bit library.
>
> The exists has 64 bit libs (both sparcv9 and amd64)

How could I miss that...

> There is no need for an RPATH as it doesn't use any CSW libs.

Is it really a problem if it has RPATH set? (and its correctly set)
"Unsetting" (in general, not just for this package) it would mean that
each gar package (which don't use any CSW libs) would have to have a
LD_OPTION rewrite rule, since gar sets it by default?

I have no problem doing this, but I'm just thinking if were creating
unnecessary work.

 > Please set an SONAME.
 >
> $ dump -Lv /usr/lib/libz.so | egrep 'RPATH|SONAME'
> [4]	SONAME          libz.so.1

Fixed.