[csw-maintainers] Thanks! (was Re: [csw-users] python 2.6.1 now in testing)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 7 22:40:55 CEST 2009

Mike Watters wrote:
> Changes:
>
> 	bug fix: 3510 'import curses' fails in current Python...
> 			forced curses to use the library in /opt/csw
> 	bug fix: 3579 RPATH stuff
> 			added NOISALIST = 1

Btw. Mike, i just happened to be at one of my distant colleagues over at
the development unit today and he was struggling to get Mercurial
running with the sunfreeware.com stack (bailed out with some python _md5
bla issues on commits ... he just wanted to use it, not troubleshoot it).

He was already pondering about alternatives and i told him to give
opencsw.org a try. He was happy to give it a try and even more happy to
see that everything worked out of the box :) He remarked that the
Mercurial over at sunfreeware.com is more recent but for his needs ours
is sufficient ... needless to say that any Mercurial is more useful than
one that is more recent but somehow broken ;)

Thanks to you and Trygvis (who takes care of hg)!

Sebastian