[csw-maintainers] bash_completion and modification of the version numbering scheme

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 7 23:27:30 CEST 2009

Yann Rouillard wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> You will find in testing a new release of the bash_completion package:
> http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/testing/bash_completion-1.0,REV=2009.04.07-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz
>

> In addition to upstream completion, this package provides some
> completion for pkgutil, pkg-get, pkgrm and smf tools. Testing and
> feedback are welcome.
>
> I have however a problem with this package, upstream changed its version
> numbering scheme from $YEAR$MONTH$DAY to standard X.X.
>
> From what I remember, pkgutil uses the REV field if available so it
> would not be a problem with it but pkg-get doesn't not seem to rely on
> it so will never upgrade the package.
> Am I right here and is there a way to correctly handle this problem ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yann

Yann,
	I am by no means an expert with Gar.
but if you change or add
# We define upstream file regex so we can be notified of new
# upstream software release

UFILES_REGEX = $(GARNAME)-(\d+(?:\.\d+)*).tar.bz2

to match the "NEW" schema it will pick up the new version as released upstream
HTH

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist