[csw-maintainers] bash_completion and modification of the version numbering scheme

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 8 00:11:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Mike Watters <mwatters at opencsw.org> wrote:
> sorry, I miss read the post. You can override the variable(s)
> in the package set GARVERSION as x.x and have
> SPKG_VERSION be YYYYMMDD (as package build date)

But why would we fake the upstream version and for how long should we
keep doing that? Some packages, like my geodb and possibly pca,
doesn't have versions at all so we assign something like YYMMDD to it
but in this case the end users would be confused, right?

This would also be really ugly:

20090408,REV=2009.04.08_rev=1.0

--
/peter