[csw-maintainers] For the gnome team

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 9 22:46:58 CEST 2009

Hi Roger,

Am 09.04.2009 um 04:51 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
> I've been packaging some packages which were either listed as
> orphaned or where the maintainer is retired, which I think would
> fall under the gnome domain.
> Since I personally don't use any gnome packages at all (don't even
> run X at all), I'm handing them off to the gnome team to finish.
>
> gnumeric and libgoffice builds just fine as long as you have libgsf
> 1.14.
> However I've not been able to get around the fact that libgsf-
> gnome-1.so get linked to the installed libgsf instead of the newly
> built one (see my previous posts regarding this).
> So in order to build libgsf the current package has to be removed
> from the build server (which I've been testing on my own build
> servers)

I just build it from SVN without any problems, maybe the LD_OPTIONS
change was
more good than expected?

Anyway, libgsf is now in testing:
   libgsf-1.14.11,REV=2009.04.09-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
   libgsf-1.14.11,REV=2009.04.09-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

> I've also been trying to build libgda and libgnomedb (which are
> optional for gnumeric), but there seems to be some incompatibility
> from upstream so libgnomedb won't built atm.

Nope, no incompatibility here. Builds absolutely smooth. Packages in
testing/ now.
Thanks for the good work!

BTW: To get GNOME running it would be nice if we had someone who
coordinates what
packages need to be built most urgent. Volunteers?