[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 3 18:06:02 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 31.07.2009 um 16:14 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Yes: I prefer to use my own "sausage factory". Known complexity versus
> unknown complexity. Besides, my "volunteer-ship" on this project
> predating gar's usage gives me the choice to use the system that I
> prefer.
>
> When the politics of the foundation change and the usage of gar is
> mandatory I reserve my decision.

The problem is two-fold:

- If for whatever reason I stop working for the company I do now the
build
   machine may be shutdown. I neither plan nor expect this, but it may
happen.
   But then the homedirectories would be gone.
- If a maintainer leaves the build recipes may or may not be in his
homedirectory.
   If they are not it is hard to continue to provide support for the
packages.

For these two reasons it would be very nice if the maintainers with
custom
build environments could check in their build recipes to SourceForge,
in whatever form. The important thing here is not automatization, but
well-known backup. If we can include alien build-scripts in the GAR tree
with automatization: all the better. This applies to

- Phil
- Peter (Felecan)
- James
- have I forgotten someone?