[csw-maintainers] Should X11 headers from Sun be remove from the farm ?

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 4 17:38:35 CEST 2009

William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> writes:

> Since we are now providing X11 packages, i am wondering the following
> (and i'm not yet sure it is a good idea...).

Neither me...

> Should we remove X11 devel packages provided by Sun on the build machines ?

In principle I'm strongly opposed to this as IMHO we do not provide
everything that a full X11 distribution provide. If I'm wrong I wish to
know where and willing to change my opinion.

> The reason why i'm asking this, is that i have a few makefiles with
> hardcoded path to /usr/openwin/include which need to be patched. It
> already provided compilation error. But it has also certainly compiled
> things against Sun libs instead of OpenCSW ones...

If there are hard-coded paths please patch the sources to obtain a build
without dependencies toward SUN provided headers and/or libraries.
--
Peter