[csw-maintainers] /testing BIND 9.4.3-P3

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 5 17:41:21 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Dagobert Michelsen<dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 05.08.2009 um 15:28 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM, James Lee<james at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you make a single package that drops in where the old one did.
>>> Anyone simply running update will loose files.
>>
>> I've spent many hours going from that manually built version to the
>> new split one with cswclassutils in GAR. Now I have to spend extra
>> hours to revert? I see your point that it should be exactly the same,
>> just security patched, but I just can't motivate myself to do it.
>> Sorry.
>
> Did you built the previous version with GAR? If yes, you could just
> copy the old trunk to a new branch and just update the version and
> rebuild the package. Or was that a manual build?

No, it's all manual with one large package and pre/post scripts for
everything cswclassutils take care of now. I copied the trunk to get
the old version up to todays standard. That was easy but spending
extra hours going backwards to make it exactly the same (obsolete?) I
simply don't have time for.

--
/peter