[csw-maintainers] why git is not working ?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 22 23:17:31 CEST 2009

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sat Aug 22 12:33:49 -0400 2009:
> hi,
>
> mads hat a failing git test while trying to fix the remaining
> mercurial test cases.
>
> so i tried to just update git and got (after setting GIT_USE_PROXY   =
> 1 to ~/.garrc):

Are you behind a proxy?  If not, leave that setting blank (and comment
from the current GAR recipe).  I haven't popped out a new package as
there is breakage when building the docs now that I haven't sorted
out...I did find a segfault in xsltproc in my travels to solve the
problem though.

If you are beind a proxy, ensure that the gitproxy script in gar/bin
is appropriate for your settings.  It works on the BO buildfarm, but
that's the only place I've used it.

I'm hoping to get back to updating git shortly (1.6.4.1 was released
last night).  I can ping you with test packages if it would help.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.