[csw-maintainers] New enhancements to mGAR v2: SPKG_DESC_* safety check and CSWcswclassutils

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 27 22:37:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

today I added two enhancements to GAR I spoke about with Phil and
at the Summercamp:

- On package creation it will be checked that all packages have unique
   description strings. This will catch the case when you forgot to set
   SPKG_DESC_* for your devel- or doc-package and end up with too
generic
   or wrong descriptions.

- When using SAMPLECONF and PRESERVECONF these variables now take either
   a path to a config file suffixed with .CSW or without the suffix. It
   will dynamically add a renaming rule during merge to make sure it is
   always suffixed with .CSW and sets the correct class for that file.
   Essentially that means you can still use your old descriptions and
   also can now write PRESERVECONF = $(includedir)/myconf without
further
   ado when the original software install myconf without manual renaming
   or such.