[csw-maintainers] GAR RFE: Variable(s) to tag files for classes instead of PROTOTYPE_FILTER

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 29 02:09:25 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Fri Aug 28 16:30:43 -0400 2009:

> Thanks for the feedback, regarding your concern I made an adjustment. I
> moved the .pyc,.pyo exclusion logic to gar.mk and it is triggered when
> PYCOMPILE is set.

This looks much better.  Looking at the code though, I think you
should not that PYCOMPILE should be set to
/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/.*\.py for build descriptions that
don't set the category to python (since the MERGE_EXCLUDES use
addsuffix {c,o} with the value of PYCOMPILE.  [This could maybe be
modified so that the trigger variable is separate from the variable
used to build the merge exclude rules...]

Nice!

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.