[csw-maintainers] Migrating config files from /opt/csw/etc to /etc/opt/csw during package update

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 29 13:25:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am 29.08.2009 um 08:43 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> our configuration has one writable directory, /opt/csw, and we
> appreciated a lot the isolated nature. putting the files in etc will
> render opencsw unusable for us.

Keeping all in /opt/csw will break sparse zones. Ok, looks like we
need more engineering here. How about this?

Always refer to /opt/csw/etc/* and make /opt/csw/etc/* links to /etc/
opt/csw.
That way you could overwrite them in /opt/csw/etc if necessary.

Do you use packages at all for /opt/csw? If yes, why can't you use
/etc/opt/csw/?