[csw-maintainers] CSW/GAR maintainer world map via Ohloh

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 31 12:58:11 CEST 2009

Peter FELECAN wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

>>> Nope. gar is only one of the mechanisms used to build packages. not all
>>> builds use gar. all this is an instance of the hammer syndrome.
>> Are you seriously saying that the builds, the code that is used to
>> describe how to build OpenCSW packages, are not part of the OpenCSW
>> project? If not that, then what code is?
>
> You misread my message: what I'm saying is that gar is not opencsw,
> although some packages are built with gar. Saying that gar is opencsw is
> like saying that the autotools, make and other utilities used to build
> packages are opencsw. I'm speaking not only to warm up the discussion
> but also to avoid unnecessary reductionism.

I think that you are putting way too much into this.

GAR is written by and for OpenCSW [1], so I think it is quite correct to
say that "gar is a part of OpenCSW". What is not correct is to say that
"OpenCSW is a part of GAR". OpenCSW is more than that, GAR is only a
supporting tool for us.

Adding GAR to the OpenCSW project on ohloh is not part of a crusade to
force any of you to use GAR.

[1]: yes, it was originally based on GOMES GAR, but we (Dago) has
re-written so much of it that we can at least almost call it our own.

--
Trygve