[csw-maintainers] Update on buildfarm: Finished

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 3 23:13:18 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 03.12.2009 um 15:57 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> there is some progress on updating the buildfarm. The following tasks
> have been finished:
>
> - HBA has been plugged in
> - FC array has been set up and new zpool created for user homes
> - LSI firmware has been updated
>
> Unfortunately, some tasks still run and will probably do so until
> tomorrow:
>
> - Copying the user homes to the new zpool
> - Updating Solaris to Solaris 10U8.
>
> After the machine has been rebooted when the above tasks have
> finished I will also upgrade the firmware for LDom support to
> finally install OpenSolaris Sparc at some later point.
>
> So enjoy one free evening or use build8s.go.opencsw.org instead ;-)

- Firmware has been patched to support LDoms in the future
- All Solaris 10 Sparc Zones are running U8 now with latest patchset
- All user homes, mirrors and archives have been migrated from the
  internal disks to a SATA-FC-JBOD with ZFS freeing up space for
  the new control domain and OSOL LDom

The farm should be fully functional again.
Please keep your eyes open if you see anything unusual.