[csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 10 13:47:13 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 10/12/09, 11:52:40, Gary Law <glaw at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
> [csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr:

>> > For the record:
>> >
>> > http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=3760
>
>> OK, I don't think we should be using classutils then. It violates
>> policy. The 'workaround' is clunky for some, and impossible if you
>> don't have root on the global zone.
>
> I support Gary.  I understand that classutils is clever and works
> well in some situations but it's not a complete solution and therefor
> we should look for something else.

Can we have our own implementation of class action scripts?

I know that we can't rework pkgadd, but we can have our own
equivalent: a common postinstall script which reads a configuration
file and processes files marked in csw-prototype.  We could even make
it better by allowing one file to have multiple classes.

Any other ideas?