[csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 10 14:05:01 CET 2009

* Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Gary Law <glaw at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> For the record:
> >>
> >> http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=3760
> >
> > OK, I don't think we should be using classutils then. It violates
> > policy. The 'workaround' is clunky for some, and impossible if you
> > don't have root on the global zone.
>
> You made a choice using a shared file system you don't have write
> access to in any way. Sounds like a bad choice. :-)

Peter, did you experiment with the approach that we came up with during
summer camp? Put dummy CAS scripts in the package which hand over to the
real CAS scripts in /opt/csw/somewhere. This way we wouldn't need to
have our CAS scripts beneath /usr.

Does the user get prompted with "do you really want the package to do
things that you probably don't care about"?

Sebastian