[csw-maintainers] (now about sudo)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 16 09:24:17 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote on 15.12.2009 10:03:
>> I haven't tested these packages, since I'm using my own sudo packages
>> at the moment.
>
> would it make sense to add what you are currently maintaing for yourself
> to our sudo packages (and then adopt the CSW sudo packages) or are your
> changes too custom/environment-specific?

It would make sense to add it to our sudo packages.  The difference
between the two is that my packages move the /opt/csw/bin/sudo ->
sudo.minimal symlink from CSWsudo-common to CSWsudo.  This fixes the
sudo upgrade problem which has just hit you.  Phil did not accept this
change because "somebody might have also installed CSWsudoldap and
manually change the symlink to /opt/csw/bin/sudo -> sudo.ldap and this
upgrade would revert their local change".

I'm using the version of sudo from trunk, the one in testing/ is from
branches/old-symlink-scheme.  The main diff between the two is that
the one in trunk has the following line:

PKGFILES_CSWsudo += $(bindir)/sudo

Maciej

[1] https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/sudo/trunk/Makefile
[2] https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/sudo/branches/old-symlink-scheme/Makefile