[csw-maintainers] /etc/subversion, /etc/opt/csw/subversion, /opt/csw/etc/subversion/

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 20 12:52:24 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <
maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:40 AM, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>
> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > dagobert filed a subversion bug saying the config file should go in a
> > different place:
> >
> > The configuration for the svn commandline-client is at
> >   /etc/subversion/servers
> > instead of
> >   /etc/opt/csw/subversion/servers
> >
> > isn't this a standard configuration option and gar should do this?
>
> It depends on the kind of the operating system.  On Solaris, the
> convention is that if you're not Sun, you have to install everything
> under a custom prefix.  Nothing, if at all possible, goes into /usr or
> /etc without a prefix.  We use /opt/csw for everything, except the
> directories that must be writable.  Those go into /var/opt/csw and
> /etc/opt/csw.

the default says " [PREFIX/etc]" which in my understanding means
/opt/csw/etc. and i was really wondering who changes this where to make it
/etc ? is this a bug in the subversion configure description or
implementation, or gar does something?

rupert.