[csw-maintainers] apr-1.3.9 - test failure ?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 22 00:16:08 CET 2009

Hi Rupert,

rupert THURNER wrote on 22.12.2009 00:04:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 21:07, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> btw as a reminder: while apache2 "can" use the bundled apr there are
>> some benefits to having it use a standalone external package
>>
>> it would be a very nice thing if we had one, and in fact there was
>> some package in recent months that needed one?
>
> i commented the tests for the moment, the test code does ipv6.

glad it helped! There was a similar problem with mbuffer, which also
does IPv6 tests. Instead of completely disabling the test suite, it was
possible to only skip the IPv6 test. This way one is still alerted (and
I already was) if anything else goes wrong. Might be wise to take the
same route for apr for future builds. Do any other tests fail right now?

Sebastian