[csw-maintainers] License and copyright notice

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 3 23:07:31 CET 2009

Hi Phil,

Am 03.02.2009 um 21:13 schrieb Philip Brown:
> i believe it is important to copy the license file from the source
> file,
> to the package, into /opt/csw/share/doc/progname/LICENSE, with a
> short standard reference to it in "i copyright"

That is how I am planning to implement it, because

- it is similar to what we have now
- it is easy for the packager
- it is easy to implement
- it is difficult to mistakenly take the wrong license

The bad news is that putting this all together in GAR needs a bigger
change than I thought. At least this won't be finished today.

The good news is that we can get rid of the gspec-files once I am
through
with this. I'll keep you informed. If you eagerly wait for this: Please
include the license one last time before I can release this.