[csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis configuration

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 4 10:51:41 CET 2009

On 04/02/09, 00:46:27, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis
configuration:

> >> it is, but we need to differentiate here: Mantis now sends out
> >> notifications for new bug reports to the relevant package maintainer.
> >> You should have gotten the notification i was referring to (that's what
> >> the Mantis and mail logs tell me).
> >
> > Pardon me, (1) it always used to and (2) I've received no bug
> > notifications from anyone in 6 months.  It's very hard for me to
> > send you evidence of something not happening, all I keep getting
> > is someone telling me I am getting emails that I know I'm not.

> I understand your concern and the Mantis logs that i have just sent you
> should demonstrate what you are looking for (and what i described about
> the "drop notifications for one's own actions").

At least we now understand this aspect.  I would prefer to receive
the full transactions by email, as before.

> Anyone else in need for Mantis log entries / evidence. No kidding, i
> would like to rule out remaining doubts (if any) about the current
> configuration.

> From what i have seen in the configuration Mantis simply had not been
> set up to mail notifications for _new_ bug reports prior to my changes.
> Maybe that had been an upgrade related change or it had simply been
> overseen, because other notifications on bug updates were sent out
> perfectly fine (just not when a bug was initially opened).

So we establish both self and new reports were _not_ sent.

> To cut a long story short: Notifications for new bug reports (unless you
> file them on your own project) should be functional now and in case
> there is anything wrong / missing / to be improved, let me know.

Unless you have changed something else we don't know why the other
reports were not sent.  I'll send some references privately and do
some more tests.

Thank you for you help on this - at last we have broken from the
cycle of claim and denial.

James.