[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication"

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Feb 4 13:24:51 CET 2009

Hi

>> as users@ has basically failed (almost no posts there) we should about
>> a webforum. I know it is hard to track, but what gives us a tool that
>> is easy to track but not used? For tracking it should be possible to
>> mirror changes to a mailinglist.
>>

> Maybe the new web site provides such an alternative to be enabled? William?

I can easily installed phpBB forum, and make it "look like" integrated
into  wordpress (from a html design point of view).

The forum will certainly have a separated login from wordpress (thus no
SSO), since it will be public and not restricted to members. There
should be no problem if we agree on that.

BTW, i have set up a ldap server wih th directory of all members (based
on passwd from bf ;) ) and i have started the work on ssh login to the
farm using LDAP

cheers

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net