[csw-maintainers] Security alerts and updates

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Fri Feb 6 07:40:09 CET 2009

Hi

>> off hand we could get an RSS feed from one or more of the sites, merge
>> them together and filter them based on the software in our catalog.
>>

> perhaps it would be nice to have a 'security-announce' email alias, that
> would automatically forward on to the announce list, AND also send out an
> RSS update, n stuff.

This is a good idea. There exist  also different mailing lists
associated with the software we package. It is certainly possible to do
the same kind of things (tomcat, apache, etc.).

Anyone is interested in building a prototype ? transforming such a
stream into our own rss feed (at beginning)

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net