[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication"

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 6 11:04:13 CET 2009

On 06/02/09, 01:33:47, Chad Harp <harpchad at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication":

> Suggestions thus far:

> Mailman (i.e. what we have now)
>       Mailing list only, has archives but no integrated search or rss

Yes please.

> phpBB:
>       Bulletin Board with rss and search
>       Look and feel can be customized to match other opencsw pages
>       Doesn't (I think) have a mailing list interface (but does allow you
> to flag threads for e-mail notification when updated)

No thank you.

> Google Groups
>       Both a bulletin board and mailing list (can be followed online like
> a bb or via e-mail like mailman)
>       Customizations are limited, can have our logo but pages will still
> look googlish
>       Has rss and search

No thank you.

> Is that the field, or are there other suggestions?

NNTP news server.
(I'm sure this could be run independently/directly by opencsw.org.)

> Comments on what's already been suggested?

Mike Watters quoting Albert Einstein wrote...

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

James.