[csw-maintainers] mantis:how to declare a relationship?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 6 19:03:17 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:56:05PM +0100, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>>> I'm reporting a bug and wish to declare a relationship between my report
>>> and other reports --- in this case "duplicate". In other installation I
>>> was able to declare this kind of relationship. In our installation this
>>> is not possible or I don't know how...
>>> --
>> well there is still a "relationship" section so it has to be possible....
>>
>>  In the "relationships"
>> section, there is a line for "New relationship".
>>
>> maybe it only appears if you are manager of the area. reporters cant
>> declare relationships?
>
> In our installation it seems so. In the other instances that I used it
> was possible. Maybe there is a parameter to set. Anyhow, we have a
> Mantis administrator now, isn't it? What has he to add to this?

i am on it. From looking at it briefly it seems like as Phil presumed.
You need certain privileges to declare a relationship (update rights on
the bug you are reporting), which people don't have right now (except
for their own packages i think). Need to do some tests to verify this.

Right now the package owner should be able declare the relationship and
you could give him a heads up, by just including the relevant #<bugid>
in the bug notes. Btw., what's the reason to post a bug report that is a
duplicate?

Sebastian