[csw-maintainers] Creation of users and groups added to cswclassutils

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Feb 9 23:38:28 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 11:25:19PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >        The CLASSES list determines the order of installation. Class
> >        none is always installed first, if present, and removed last.
> >
> > Sounds to me as if a default class != "none" would be required for what
> > you are after.
>
> Sadly, you may be right, I remember reading that from when I did the
> SMF scripts. I will test it tomorrow so we know for sure how it works.
>
> Might be one of those cases where this approach is not enough to do
> the job.

Hmm... sounds like it may just be an extra wrinkle, but still quite doable.

I think that an original simplistic prototype file of

f none /opt/csw/bin/someprog 0755 proguser proggroup
f none /opt/csw/bin/progutil 0755 proguser proggroup

may become

f cswusrgrp /opt/csw/etc/xxxxxxx
f autouser /opt/csw/bin/someprog 0755 proguser proggroup
f autouser /opt/csw/bin/progutil 0755 proguser proggroup

and then the CLASSES definition becomes
CLASSES=cswusergrp autouser none

but lets see if it is even neccessary.