[csw-maintainers] Mantis Bug notification list

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Tue Feb 10 19:38:19 CET 2009

Hi

> the one problem with "bugs at opencsw.org", is that people will then start
> thinking they can CREATE a bug report, simply by emailing
> "bugs at opencsw.org".

Yes... :)

You're right, but i think this may be useful to educate some users. Here
is what i mean. Actually there is almost no feedback / bugs from users.

Basically you can consider that "normal" users will go to mantis to
report problems. Especially since when someone will subscribe to the
list, he will be told what is the purpose of the list.

So if someone tries to report a bug to this list, where is the problem ?
We should redirect this guy to mantis, and explain him.

Having a bugs@ maybe a way to collect feedback and bugs from people that
do not know of mantis, or are not familiar with. Moreover, it might be a
good way to have feedback about strange or unexpected behavior. Cases in
which people do not know if it is a bug or feature, or don't care about
reporting a bug (i know that this is evil, but it is always better as
not reported at all).

In other words, i am not asking for this list to be different of "bug
reporting" in its first purpose. But maybe we should be tolerant in same
case, and allow discussion start about some problem, and helps users to
move discussion to mantis tracking tool.

cheers,
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net